Via the Radiant Marketing blog we find the Business Blogging Starter Kit (incidentally, the blog is offering an exclusive discount on the kit). The Starter Kit is targeted as a primer for small business interested in using a weblog as a tool for marketing and communications.
Using case studies, specific examples & clear, non-technical explanations you will learn:
- What a blog is and how to set one up, with examples to guide you
- What RSS is, and how to explain it to your readers
- Why you should consider adding a blog to your site
- The advantages of blogging over sending an e-newsletter or ezine to your members, and how to set up a blog that complements your e-newsletter or ezine marketing
- How & what to write about in a blog to make it a useful resource
- How to keep your blog going so it's not a chore
- How adding a blog to your site can help you get around spam filters AND increase traffic to your site
- What the technology is behind a blog and how easy it is to start and maintain one
Interesting idea, and another good indication that blogs are becoming more of a mainstream tool for marketing and communications.